Friday, June 28, 2013

Elisalex!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG!

It came today @_@

<weeeeeee!>



I literally jumped up and down next to my mailbox and said everything I just typed above.

And I have two versions planned:

1: Using a cotton fabric from Aboriginal Fabrics in Alice Springs printed with a design called Bambilah by Nambooka. The fabric is soft and silky and kind of poplin-ish. Bambilah are also known as sugar gliders, which are the cutest things out and unfortunately illegal to have as pets in Australia.

2: A beautiful cotton sateen from spoonflower.com, printed with Vincent Van Gogh's Starry, Starry Night. This I am making in honour of a dear friend who passed away last year. The song his parents chose for his funeral was Don McLean's Starry, Starry Night, and while Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah will forever be the song I associate with my Adriaan, it makes this fabric is a poignant choice.

But I guess I should finish Practice Dress 1 first!

I'll probably disappear for the next three weeks. I'm going on holiday (and making my giant Dad a jacket that actually fits him).

See you in July
xo

4 comments:

  1. Both your chosen fabrics sound absolutely wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolyn. I can't wait to apply your pattern to them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, exciting! Can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jen! I'm hoping to get started this weekend, now that I'm back in the land of internet again :-)

    ReplyDelete